Get vehicle information for a car in spain
If you are looking at buying a vehicle and want to check it can be transferred into your name, then you can obtain a vehicle history report in Spain.
The car vehicle information report for a car in Spain might also be useful if you are about to sell your car. You can check that there is not going to be any issues at the point of sale. For example, has the bank removed any reference to the finance you have already paid off? Is the car tax paid up to date or is there a warning against the vehicle?
Or maybe you just want a car report in Spain to confirm that the vehicle is no longer in your name.
The car report Spain makes available comes from the DGT (Direccion General de Trafico) and we can help obtain a copy for you in just a few easy steps.
- Provide your name and contact details so we can send the requested report to you.
- Provide the registration number for the relevant vehicle.
- Complete the payment instructions that includes the fee charged by the DGT.
A simple, efficient process giving you peace of mind.
Why do I need a vehicle report in Spain?
A vehicle report in Spain will provide useful information to you when buying a car. You can save time and money by knowing that the car you want to buy is in a position to be transferred into your name.
A Car report in Spain may also be useful if you have scrapped the vehicle. Alternatively, you may have sold it and you want to confirm that the DGT now has the new owner’s details.
What might be included in a vehicle information check in Spain?
Things that could be highlighted in the car report from the DGT:
- Whether the car is currently recorded as being off the road by the DGT and therefore unable to circulate on Spanish roads.
- If there are unpaid road taxes on the vehicle.
- Confirmation of who is the current owner of the vehicle
- Does the vehicle currently have a valid ITV (Equivalent of an MOT in the UK).
- Is the vehicle currently insured?
- Does a financial institution have an outstanding debt on the vehicle?
- Can the vehicle be used for the purpose you intend? For example, is it recorded as for private use, a taxi, hire car etc….
- Are there any embargoes on the vehicle?
- What were the total kilometres driven recorded on the last ITV?
The vehicle information report for a car in Spain will also confirm the technical specification, history of the owners of the vehicle and a record of passes and failures at previous ITVs.
How do I get a car report in Spain?
You can order the report directly from the DGT itself and pay the administration fee for the report (Tasa) or you can use our service to obtain the report for you. Unless there is a problem with the DGT service we will usually return the report to you within 24 hours, often much quicker! Our operating hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 until 17.30. If you request a vehicle information report in Spain outside those hours, then we will look at your request the following working day.
How much does a vehicle information report in Spain cost?
We charge a total fee of 20,00 euros to obtain the report for you. This includes the charge levied by the Spanish Direccion General de Trafico (8.67 euros 2022) and our fee for this service.
All you have to do is provide your contact details, and pay the fee and we will order the report for you. You will usually receive the DGT report via us within 24 hours if you place your order in our normal business hours: 09:00 and 17.30 Monday to Friday
When will I receive the vehicle report in Spain ?
You will normally receive your report the same day or within 24 hours (working days). We operate between 09:00 and 17.30 Monday to Friday. If your Spanish car report request is outside that time it will be looked at the following working day.
The report we send form the DGT comes with a guide to help interpret the information contained in it.