Car Insurance Spain is pleased to advise its customers that it is now possible to change the registered address of your vehicle over the telephone with the Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT.es).
No longer is it necessary to book an appointment and take your paperwork to the Regional Traffic Office. You can make the change from the comfort of your own home.
The number to ring is 060.
However, before you ring make sure you:
- Are registered on the padron at the Town Hall at the new address.
- Make sure you have your DNI or NIE handy
- You will, of course, be able to recall your name, surname and date of birth as you will need to give this information
- The registration number of the vehicle
- You should have the Permiso de circulación to hand as well as they may ask for some details.
You may also be interested in knowing that you can change these details are many local Town Halls. See our article how to change registered address of vehicle in Spain at your Town Hall.